Today, we want to share with you how easy it was for us to create our first Bitcoin wallet. In search of finding the simplest way to create a Bitcoin wallet, we came across Circle; a user friendly, super-easy to use app and site that allows one to add Bitcoin as a payment option. With more retailers providing options for Bitcoin payments, it just makes sense to get a Bitcoin wallet.
What we love about Circle is that you can send Bitcoin to your friends through your contact list, instantly send Bitcoin by scanning a Bitcoin QR code with your phone, and you can even send messages that include GIF’s with your Bitcoin.
To start setting up your wallet, you can check out this tutorial video or read the instructions below.
Download and Registration
This 5-step guide to downloading and registering is pretty simple and easy to follow. It’s very similar to setting up any online account with a payment method, just like Amazon.
Here is how we set up our wallet via the mobile app:
1. Download the Circle app (android or apple) and begin registration process. For this first phase, they will ask for your general info (name, email, password, etc.)
2. On this next step of the registration, you will be asked to provide a phone number. Click next and a text message will automatically pop up on your screen for you to send (for account verification)
3. After sending the text verification to Circle, you can complete your registration by entering a mobile number that is capable of receiving SMS messages. This is used for a 2-factor authentication to secure your account. Every time you log into Circle through a new device, a verification code will be sent to this number.
4. Now, you can check your email that you used to register with Circle to click on the verification link.
5. Once you have verified your email account, you will see the home screen change in Circle and you can start purchasing Bitcoin.
For new members, Circle allows you to purchase up to $300 worth of Bitcoin. In order to purchase Bitcoin, you can enter in a debit or credit card number or a bank account, along with a form of ID to prove that the card belongs to you.
Here is how we set up our payment method:
1. To attach a card or bank account, you can go to settings. In settings you’ll come upon an option called Cards and Banks.
2. After clicking on Cards and Banks, you’ll be prompted to show a valid ID. This can be a driver’s license, passport or identity card.
3. After selecting your identity card option, the app will access your camera so you are able to photograph your ID. Once the identification process is complete, you will be able to set up your payment method by going back to the Cards and Banks section in the settings.
4. Now, you can choose your payment method, credit card, debit card or bank account.
5. After you select the payment method, you can now complete the process by filling out all of the information needed or simply taking a picture of your payment information and it will automatically load for you.
Congratulations, you set up your first Bitcoin wallet! See how easy that was? Want to learn more about Bitcoin and Bitcoin wallets? Check out these cool links we used to learn about Bitcoin: